I've lived in Austin for over 13 years have been to countless bachelorette parties in the city. There are a lot of things to do, but planning can logistically be difficult due to the nature of the city. Here are my best tips for enjoying an awesome Austin bachelorette party!
Austin has an international airport and has direct flights from almost all locations. Here are the best airlines to check for flights into Austin:
- Nonstop from LA, Chicago, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Atlanta, Denver, Last Vegas, Portland, Baltimore, Nashvile, New Orleans, Phoenix, St Louis
- Chicago, Denver, LA, Houston,
- Atlanta, Detroit, LA, New York
- Philadelphia, Phoenix,
- Chicago, Dallas, Miami
- Long Beach, New York, Boston, Orlando, San Francisco
I also recommend checking out Frontier as they fly from a lot of new cities to Austin as of a few months ago.
To get from the airport to where you are staying you can take a cab, take an Uber/Lyft or rent a car. The rental car area is in the airport, so it is super easy to and very little waiting. To most hotels it will only take you about 20 minutes from the airport.
Where to stay:
Hotel: Austin has hotels, but not nearly as many as you would think! Depending on your price range and group size there are a couple of good hotel options.
- This is a great hotel for a more luxury experience. They have a fantastic pool and bar that your group can take advantage of. It is also walking distance to a few great dinner restaurants and all of the bars.
- This hotel is also very close to all of the bars, but slightly further from the great restaurants. If you want to walk right out at night time, this is a great location.
- This hotel is a great location for bars and restaurants, but is less expensive than The W.
- This hotel isn't walking distance to downtown, but it is walking distance to South Congress and is right on the lake and trail. This hotel has a beautiful view and you can see the bats directly from the hotel.
- This is a brand new hotel in downtown Austin and great for Marriott loyalists! It is walking distance to going out options and to a bunch of hotels. It also has a fun bar!
Hotel Van Zandt
- This is a brand new hotel on Rainey Street! Amazing pool, perfect location and a fun restaurant called Geraldines right above the hotel. Definitely a little pricey but great for a fancy party.
I also recently stayed at the Hyatt Place downtown for a bachelorette party. They include breakfast and each room also has a pull out couch (so you could do two queens and use the couch).
Vacation Rental: There are also a ton of vacation rentals in Austin. You will likely have to take Uber more places, but you can stay on the lake, on the east side of town or downtown. There are plenty of houses for groups of 10+. Just be careful when booking as some can be far from downtown. Unless you are planning on driving to downtown every day, you will likely want to be closer.
What to do during the day:
- Wine tasting in Dripping Springs or Fredericksburg- You'll definitely want to hire a company to drive you out there and take you to wineries. There are a bunch of fun wineries and you can hop from one to another. There also a handful of breweries in Dripping Springs if you are a more beer drinking group.
- Kayak or paddle board on town lake- You can rent kayaks or SUPS and go out on the lake for a few hours of fun in the sun. This is a really fun activity for an active group.
- Barton springs- If you come during the summer, spend some time in Austin's most beautiful natural spring. Swim, lay out and enjoy the sun. You can also visit Hamilton Pool, another beautiful swimming spot.
- Rent a boat on Lake Austin or Lake Travis- Again you will probably need to hire a van to take you out there. Pack a cooler and some food, enjoy Austin's lakes scene.
- Sky Candy Trapeze and Circus Party- If you are looking for a fun and active activity, I highly recommend Sky Candy for your bachelorette party. Their Intro to Aerials class allows the bachelorette and her girls to try trapeze, hammock, silks and more! I tried the class recently and I know it would be SO fun for a bachelorette party (just don't drink before...trust me on this!). **Mention Give Me The Globe when you email them and I promise they will make your party super special.
- Pub Crawler- This is a moving bike with ten seats for your entire crew. You can ride downtown and stop off at all of the bars.
- Hipside Peddler- If you love craft beer, unique cocktails and great wine, this is a great alternative to the Pub Crawler! This group party bike goes around the East Side of Austin and stops at some amazing local bars and food trucks. They even have a microphone on the bike so you can sing along to your favorite songs! **Mention Give Me The Globe when you book for a little special Hipside treatment.**
- Movie at The Alamo Drafthouse- If you have a tame crew or it ends up raining, go see a movie! They serve food and drinks in the theater and often have special events like sing alongs at night.
- Head out to The Salt Lick for the ultimate BBQ experience (There is also a winery out there :)).
- Walk around South Congress- Enjoy the shops, take a picture in front of the "I love you so much" mural
- Check for festivals- Austin LOVES festivals so check if there is anything special going on while you are in town.
- See the bats- Depending on the time of year you can watch the bats fly out from under the Congress Bridge.
- Take a bike tour of the city- Very fun for a more active group.
- Tubing- I personally love Don's Fish Camp for a great tubing adventure.
What to do at night:
- East 6th Street- You have to do this one night. Go to Pete's Piano Bar and let the bachelorette get up on the stage. Then you can go to Cheers and order flaming Dr. Peppers. Hit up Barbarella if people in your group want to dance.
- West 6th Street- A little bit of an older crowd, but also has lots of bars that are fun for a bachelorette.
- Rainey Street- You will probably want to do this on a more tame night. There are a bunch of fun little bars on a walking street.
- The Broken Spoke- If you want to line dance :)
- Lingerie Shower- I always recommend adding in a little shower for the bride, even if it is just for underwear or a few new bras. It's so nice to send your bachelorette into married life with a few small gifts. Here are my favorite little gifts I've been giving at showers.