Updated February 2017!
Just as an FYI, you can purchase a digital download of a more detailed itinerary for only $4.99! It has a lot of great info and I'll always answer follow up questions regarding this itinerary!
I've lived in Austin for over eight years and have been to countless bachelorette parties in the city. There are a lot of things to do, but planning can logistically be difficult due to the nature of the city. Here are my best tips for enjoying an awesome Austin bachelorette party!
Austin has an international airport and has direct flights from almost all locations. Here are the best airlines to check for flights into Austin:
- Nonstop from LA, Chicago, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Atlanta, Denver, Last Vegas, Portland, Baltimore, Nashvile, New Orleans, Phoenix, St Louis
- Chicago, Denver, LA, Houston,
- Atlanta, Detroit, LA, New York
- Philadelphia, Phoenix,
- Chicago, Dallas, Miami
- Long Beach, New York, Boston, Orlando, San Francisco
To get from the airport to where you are staying you can take a cab, take an Uber or rent a car. (As of August 2016, Uber and Lyft are not available in Austin. There are two new companies Fare and Fasten- You can use my promo codes for $5 off your first ride. Fasten promo code is BL4078 and Fare promo code is Blake67). The rental car area is in the airport, so it is super easy to and very little waiting. To most hotels it will only take you about 20 minutes from the airport.
Where to stay:
Hotel: Austin has hotels, but not nearly as many as you would think! Depending on your price range and group size there are a couple of good hotel options.
- This is a great hotel for a more luxury experience. They have a fantastic pool and bar that your group can take advantage of. It is also walking distance to a few great dinner restaurants and all of the bars.
- This hotel is also very close to all of the bars, but slightly further from the great restaurants. If you want to walk right out at night time, this is a great location.
- This hotel is a great location for bars and restaurants, but is less expensive than The W.
- This hotel isn't walking distance to downtown, but it is walking distance to South Congress and is right on the lake and trail. This hotel has a beautiful view and you can see the bats directly from the hotel.
- This is a brand new hotel in downtown Austin and great for Marriott loyalists! It is walking distance to going out options and to a bunch of hotels. It also has a fun bar!
- This is a brand new hotel on Rainey Street! Amazing pool, perfect location and a fun restaurant called Geraldines right above the hotel. Definitely a little pricey but great for a fancy party.
Vacation Rental: There are also a ton of vacation rentals in Austin. You will likely have to take Uber more places, but you can stay on the lake, on the east side of town or downtown. There are plenty of houses for groups of 10+. Just be careful when booking as some can be far from downtown. Unless you are planning on driving to downtown every day, you will likely want to be closer.
What to do during the day:
- Wine tasting in Dripping Springs or Fredericksburg- You'll definitely want to hire a company to drive you out there and take you to wineries. There are a bunch of fun wineries and you can hop from one to another. There also a handful of breweries in Dripping Springs if you are a more beer drinking group.
- Kayak on town lake- You can rent kayaks and go out on the lake for a few hours of fun in the sun. There are also stand up paddle boards and canoes. This is a really fun activity for an active group.
- Barton springs- If you come during the summer, spend some time in Austin's most beautiful natural spring. Swim, lay out and enjoy the sun. You can also visit Hamilton Pool, another beautiful swimming spot.
- Rent a boat on Lake Austin or Lake Travis- Again you will probably need to hire a van to take you out there. Pack a cooler and some food, enjoy Austin's lakes scene.
- Sky Candy Trapeze and Circus Party- If you are looking for a fun and active activity, I highly recommend Sky Candy for your bachelorette party. Their Intro to Aerials class allows the bachelorette and her girls to try trapeze, hammock, silks and more! I tried the class recently and I know it would be SO fun for a bachelorette party (just don't drink before...trust me on this!). **Mention Give Me The Globe when you email them and I promise they will make your party super special.
- Pub Crawler- This is a moving bike with ten seats for your entire crew. You can ride downtown and stop off at all of the bars.
- Hipside Peddler- If you love craft beer, unique cocktails and great wine, this is a great alternative to the Pub Crawler! This group party bike goes around the East Side of Austin and stops at some amazing local bars and food trucks. They even have a microphone on the bike so you can sing along to your favorite songs! **Mention Give Me The Globe when you book for a little special Hipside treatment.**
- Movie at The Alamo Drafthouse- If you have a tame crew or it ends up raining, go see a movie! They serve food and drinks in the theater and often have special events like sing alongs at night.
- Head out to The Salt Lick for the ultimate BBQ experience (There is also a winery out there :)).
- Walk around South Congress- Enjoy the shops, take a picture in front of the "I love you so much" mural
- Check for festivals- Austin LOVES festivals so check if there is anything special going on while you are in town.
- See the bats- Depending on the time of year you can watch the bats fly out from under the Congress Bridge.
- Take a bike tour of the city- Very fun for a more active group.
- Tubing- I personally love Don's Fish Camp for a great tubing adventure.
What to do at night:
- East 6th Street- You have to do this one night. Go to Pete's Piano Bar and let the bachelorette get up on the stage. Then you can go to Cheers and order flaming Dr. Peppers. Hit up Barbarella if people in your group want to dance.
- West 6th Street- A little bit of an older crowd, but also has lots of bars that are fun for a bachelorette.
- Rainey Street- You will probably want to do this on a more tame night. There are a bunch of fun little bars on a walking street.
- The Broken Spoke- If you want to line dance :)
- Lingerie Shower- I always recommend adding in a little shower for the bride, even if it is just for underwear or a few new bras. It's so nice to send your bachelorette into married life with a few small gifts. Here are my favorite little gifts I've been giving at showers.
-Ranch 616 - This is on West 6th street and has a fun vibe for a bachelorette party. Make sure the bachelorette orders a fire in the hole shot. You can sit outside and enjoy the nice weather.
-2nd bar and kitchen - American style food and drinks in a fun downtown atmosphere
-Moonshine - Texas style food and room for big tables
-La Condesa - Sort of on the pricey side, but fun little Mexican food place
-Lamberts- Fancy style BBQ
- Trudys- If you want casual Tex-Mex, this is located near campus
- Bangers- This is located on Rainey Street, they mostly have fancy sausages and beer but it is a really fun place with a huge patio
-Taverna- $1 mimosas available downtown
- 24 Diner- Fun diner food near downtown
- Taco Deli- Not near downtown but worth going to. Jos coffee shop on South Congress sells taco deli, so that can be a good morning activity (tacos + coffee + shopping/walking).
-Takoba - If you are staying on the East Side this is a good stop for dinner or brunch.
-Italic - This is a newer Italian place in downtown. A great stop for pastas and pizzas if your group needs to carbo load!
-Salt Lick - If you want to go on a BBQ adventure, this is the place! It is a little bit of a drive outside of the city, but definitely an adventure. Be sure to BYOB or stop by one of the neighboring wineries in Driftwood first.
-Easy Tiger- Need an afternoon snack? Stop by Easy Tiger for a beer and a pretzel!
These are my favorite tips for a Bachelorette Party in Austin. All of the recommendations are my own based on actual parties I have attended and had a blast attending. There are affiliate links in this post. Enjoy celebrating in Austin and feel free to comment with any bachelorette party questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
I also sell a more detailed itinerary digital download for just $4.99! You can click the button below to buy it.