Today I am linking up with the #sundaytraveler linkup! Thanks to Pack Me To! I spent six months living in Florence Italy and it quickly became one of my favorite places in Europe. It's quaint, but modern. Full of history, but full of life. And it made for the perfect place to spend a semester.
Recently one of my friends was going to Florence but only for 24 hours! This isn't really enough time to explore everything, but it is enough time to enjoy a few of my favorite things. Here is what you should do if you find yourself in Florence for just one day!
1. Book tickets ahead of time to see David at the Academia: It is a once in a lifetime chance to see this incredible statue.
2. Climb to the top of the Duomo: When I lived in Florence, I could see the Duomo from my window, but it wasn't until my last day there that I actually climbed it. Stunning views inside and out.
3. Explore the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens: This was one of my FAVORITE places in Florence to relax and explore. It was the residence for a Grand Duke of Tuscany and there are museums within the palace. The gardens are the real show stopper though!
4. Walk to the Ponte Vecchio: This a bridge over the Arno river that has a handful of little jewelry stores all over it. It offers a beautiful view of Florence and is a fun shopping destination.
5. EAT, EAT, EAT: Florence is obviously known for their food. You can find a million great places to eat, but a few of my favorites are La Giostra, Il Latini, and da Nerbone for a Bolito Sandwich. Of course, don't forget to hit up Grom (or any gelato place) after you finish eating!
Now I know I skipped quite a few amazing places in Florence (the Ufizi gallery for one), but if I had only 24 hours in Florence this would be my schedule. It's such an amazing city full of amazing people. I hope you enjoy! Ciao!